Museum at Harsha House

The house was built in 1891 by Charlevoix businessman and community leader Horace Harsha. Granddaughter Ann Harsha donated the Victorian style house to the Charlevoix Historical Society in 1979 to be used as a museum.

The first Bob Miles Charlevoix book was published by the Society in 1976. Proceeds from this publication provided funds to build an addition to house the growing collection of photos and artifacts donated by members of the community.

Exhibits at Harsha House for the year are:

Other exhibits are:

Harsha House Museum attractions include:

The Museum Store has for sale a variety of quality items pertaining to Charlevoix history by local artists Jim Annis and Russ & Susan Bolt. Also available are historic Charlevoix scenes note cards, collectable Christmas ornaments, books on local history, historic maps, and historic photos.    Proceeds from the sale of Charlevoix South Pier Lighthouse merchandise, including apparel and headgear, go towards the restoration and preservation of the lighthouse.  

We also have high-quality oak picture frames made from a 161-year old red oak tree which was a part of the landscape at Harsha House until it had to be removed in 2012.   Each item is authenticated as coming from the oak tree at Harsha House.

(Museum store items can be mailed. Shipping & handling fees extra.)

Museum at Harsha House hours:

(Hours Are Subject To change)

Call for special appointments during fall, winter and spring hours. Phone: 231-547-0373 . Leave a message; a Curator will return your call.